Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Making linux popular

In a country where "Microsoft Windows" operating system dominates, a common user like me completes his short span of life without even, so much as, tasting the concept called "Open Source". One might say, I can get a pirated version of Windows software, why do I need Linux ? In a country like this, it is difficult to find linux users. Keeping this in mind, Ubuntu has taken a step forward in popularising linux. The latest version of Ubuntu i.e. version 8.10 boasts of a new improvement. It has provided an option where an average Windows user can install Ubuntu inside windows like any other ordinary application with no need of formatting or partitioning any drive. Two days ago my friend told me about this. This was the thing I was looking for. With the drives of one's system full to the capacity, one has to think twice before partitioning. So, Windows users go ahead and try linux ! You will surely find it interesting. For one thing, its free,fast and easy to install. The best thing is, its virus-free. Well, there you are !!

No comments:

Post a Comment